The Sacred Calendar
Leviticus Chapter 23
1. A Calendar is Essential
Imagine a world without a calendar. Imagine a world where there are no answers
to the question When? Imagine the confusion there would be in the following:
Without a calendar total confusion would reign in the world. In other words a
calendar is an absolute essential for an organized society. No thinker will
dispute that fact.
- Historical Records
- How would you fix a date in history with no calendar?
- Future Plans
- How would you make any appointments with no calendar?
- Legal Documents
- Try to imagine the confusion in the legal profession if every document
or certificate was undated:
(Contracts, Births, Marriages, Deaths, Leases, Reports, etc)
2. Types of Calendars
Every civilization has/d its own calendar: Islamic, Japanese, Grecian, Indian,
Chinese and the popular Roman (Gregorian) calendar; which was originally patterned
on the calendar of ancient Egypt. This is the calendar which hangs on the wall of
virtually every office in the civilized world.
Sacred Calendar of the God of Israel is not
a Jewish calendar; though the Jews use it. It’s not the A Voice In The
Wilderness - Canada’ calendar, though we use it. And it's not your calendar,
though you may or may not use it. It is Jehovah’s calendar.
He wrote the systems specifications for it. He wrote and compiled the program which
currently makes it run. Above all, Jehovah uses it. All His historical
records, legal procedures and appointments relate to His own calendar.
Historical and prophetic dates throughout Scripture are geared to the sacred calendar.
Get that fact straight and the Time prophecies of Scripture will come alive.
||14: “And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:”
3. Yahweh’s Historical Records
The Bible contains scores of examples where the dates of historical events are given.
Consider a few examples:
- The flood
- (1656) years after creation and 500 years before the first Jew (Judah) was born.
- A chart showing Biblical dates is given in our article
Time is Short.
- The Abyss bursts open
- (Genesis 7: 11) The exact date when the abyss burst open.
- Noah’s Ark settles on Mount Ararat
- (Genesis 8: 4) The exact date the ark grounded on the mountains of Ararat.
(The second day of the Feast of Tabernacles)
- The Mountain Peaks became visible
- (Genesis 8: 5) The exact date when the tops of the mountains became visible.
- New Year’s Day
- (Genesis 8: 13) New Year’s day ... the earth was dry and Noah is
called out of the ark.
- The Exodus from Egypt
- (Exodus 12: 2) This month shall be the beginning of months for you.
- See (Exodus 13: 4) where the first month Abib is named.
- The setting up of the Tabernacle
- (Exodus 40: 2) On the 1st day of the 1st month
in the second year of the Exodus the Tabernacle was erected.
- Revivals in Ancient Israel
- Read about the revival under king Hezekiah.
(2 Chronicles 29 & 30)
- Read about the revival under king Josiah.
(2 Chronicles 33)
- Read about the revival later under the Apostles.
- The 70 Year Captivity
- Read about Judah’s deportation and captivity in the book of Jeremiah.
- The Restoration
- (Ezra 7: 9, Nehemiah chapters 8 & 9)
4. Yahweh’s Plans
Prophecy is simply another word for Yahweh's plans for mankind. The Almighty's
plans and appointments are our future. Yes the Most High and His Son Jesus
have appointments: Consider this list of sacred appointments in (Leviticus chapter 23.)
- The Weekly Sabbath
- The Feast of Unleavened Bread
- (Leviticus 23: Verses: 5-14)
- This is the week when the Almighty plans to rid His church (His household) of sin and
- This Feast has not been fulfilled.
- The church is still full of sin and hypocrisy.
- But soon that is to end. The Almighty Himself will purge His people of sin.
- The Feast of Pentecost
- (Leviticus 23: Verses: 15-16)
- This was the appointed time for the early harvest.
- The Feast of Trumpets
- (Leviticus 23: Verses: 23-25)
- This is the appointed time for the gathering of Yahweh's people.
- This feast has not been fulfilled.
- Nothing of any importance has of yet (2012) happened on this Feast.
- It awaits even partial fulfilment.
- The (Fast) Day of Atonement
- (Leviticus 23: Verses: 26-32)
- This is when Yahweh and His people will become at-one.
- Yeshua the Messiah, (Jesus Christ) will bring the redeemed and purified host
right into His Father's presence.
- This day also has a future fulfilment.
- The Feast of Tabernacles
- (Leviticus 23: Verses: 39-43)
- This is the appointed time when Yahweh takes up permanent residence with
His people in the Person of
His only begotten Son Jesus Christ. (Yeshua the Messiah)
- ‘Jesus Christ is the Tabernacle of God.’
- The Last Great Day
- (Leviticus 23: Verses 39-43:)
- This ‘great day’ prefigures an eternity of joyful
companionship with the Most High.
- It is great in length; in that it never ends.
5. Jehovah’s Legal Documents
Jehovah (Yahweh) is the supreme Monarch of the mighty universe, the highest
authority in all space and time. Nothing can ever take place without His
permission. By His Holy Spirit He writes, signs and seals
legal documents in the presence of witnesses. These documents are sealed
and signed according to His own will and are dated according to His own
- The Parchment
- Yahweh will use, will be the true believer's heart and mind.
(Jeremiah 31: 31-34, Hebrews 8: 8-10, Hebrews 10: 16-17)
- The Seal
- Yahweh will use, is His Holy Law
(Isaiah 8:16, Deuteronomy 6: 6-8)
- The Signature
- Yahweh inscribes in the parchment of the human mind (the forehead) are the
Sabbath days in His law.
(Exodus 31: 16-17, Ezekiel 20: 8 & 20)
- The Two Witnesses to this legal
transaction are mentioned in Revelation chapter 11.
- They are the two arch-angels who stand in the very presence of God.
6. The Coming Spiritual Election
Before the Saviour's second coming another registration of all the world will
be made. In it every man, woman and child will have to declare his/her allegiance
for Jehovah the LORD God of Israel, or Satan the Devil. Accepting
the Name or Signature of Yahweh in the forehead (the mind) is a vote for Him.
Accepting the signature or
Mark of the Beast in the mind is a vote for
Satan. The Two witnesses will witness your choice. (Revelation 11) And all the
world will have to vote one way or the other.
||1: “And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.|
2: (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)
3: And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.
4: And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
5: To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6: And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7: And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.”
(Revelation 13: Verses: 11-18) Read this passage.
The Mark of the Beast manifests itself in observing the bogus weekly sabbath of
Sunday and the other pagan festivals in
manmade calendars: festivals such as
Hallowe’en, Ash Wednesday etc. All these are pagan
festivals which have inveigled their way into the Christian calendar.
They are not sanctioned in the Scriptures.
- You are the parchment
- You must decide whether or not you want to accept Yahweh's seal - His Law -
in your mind. (forehead)
- The Two Witnesses will be present at that time. Yahweh's Signature manifests
itself in observing His weekly and annual Sabbaths (Feasts) in the
7. In the Millennium & throughout Eternity
Yahweh's Sabbath days and Jubile years will be observed throughout the coming
millennium and through eternity as ‘memorials of salvation.’
These memorials will never be forgotten any more than the Redeemer to whom
||1: “Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.|
2: For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3: Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4: And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south
6: And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7: But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8: And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9: And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one
11: And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited.
12: And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
13: And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.
14: And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance.
15: And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague.
16: And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.
17: And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.
18: And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.
19: This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles.”
The Bible tells us that the Creator has scheduled Himself to make all things new.
This means He will also make a new universe in which sin and suffering will never arise.
Here are the Bible verses concerning this astonishing promise.
||1: “And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.|
2: And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
3: And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
4: And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
5: And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6: And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7: He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.”
In the Old Testament the same promise is made. There we see the ransomed of the
LORD going up month by month and Sabbath by Sabbath to worship the LORD.
This is strong evidence that months and Sabbath days will continue on the
||22: “For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.|
23: And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.”
These are sure words. They will all come true. They bear the guarantee of God Himself.
Christians who ignore them, do so at their own peril. As mentioned earlier the sacred
calendar of Israel's God came into being at the creation of the universe. Bible
prophecies confirm that this calendar - and the Sabbath days in it - will
continue throughout time as long as the new universe exists. No amount of unbelief
or argument can annul these facts! They are as eternal as the Almighty God Himself.
The reader will do well to come into line with the Almighty’s calendar - now!
In this respect:
- The First Step
- Is to believe in the LORD God of the Bible and accept His offer of salvation
through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ.
- See our Gospel Library for details
as to how you ought to go about doing this.
- The Second Step
- Is to jettison the pagan holidays of
Easter and all the other heathen days
and to begin celebrating the
Feast Days of the God of Israel.
- The Third Step
- Is to acknowledge and keep the commandments of the Creator; paying particular
attention to His weekly Sabbath, which is
the specified memorial of creation.
(Exodus 20: 8-11)
8. Is all this Possible?
Most certainly it is and you do not have much time to make up your mind to believe and obey.
My prayer is that the Holy Ghost
will move you to
Trust and Obey God.
Might I encourage you to study the
Sacred Calendar of The God of
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (Israel)
In the Son’s Name - For the Father’s glory.
Elder: Max W. Mader